- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Denmark
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Israel
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in an event to commemorate the anniversary of the Welles Declaration at Washington Square in Vilnius
General Affairs Council discusses the next long-term EU budget
On 9 April, the Vice- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius participated in the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg. Ministers exchanged views on the multiannual financial framework (MFF) for 2021-2027.
The Romanian EU Council Presidency presented progress reached in negotiations with the European Parliament on sectoral legislation. Ministers also discussed cohesion policy and the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in the context of the debate on the MFF.
“Today's political debate on the financing of cohesion policy and the Common Agricultural Policy is particularly important, as these are priority issues for Lithuania. In the context of cohesion policy, it is important to ensure a gradual decline in EU investment. Thus, we must seek to maximize the EU co-financing. The European Commission's proposal must reflect the EU’s most recent NUTS2 classification, which divides Lithuania into two regions. As regards the future agricultural policy, Lithuania is most concerned with external convergence of direct payments and adequate financing of rural development,” said the Vice-Minister A. Zananavičius.