- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Ghana's Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration is visiting Lithuania for the first time
On 5-7 June, the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration of Ghana Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey is visiting Lithuania. She met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and discussed prospects for the development of bilateral relations, cooperation in multilateral formats, global and regional issues.
In the meeting, Linkevičius noted that more intensive political relations would help open up opportunities for bilateral closer cooperation in the fields of business, science, culture, etc.
"The best way to achieve closer bilateral economic cooperation is to promote direct business contacts. Therefore, we are ready to provide all necessary assistance and information to facilitate the establishment of business relations between Lithuania and Ghana," said L. Linkevičius.
As regards the global challenges, L. Linkevičius affirmed Lithuania's commitment to contributing to international efforts for peace and stability in the Sahel. 39 Lithuanian soldiers will serve in the United Nations Stabilization Mission MINUSMA in Mali until 2019. More than 200 Ghana soldiers serve in this UN mission.
In a round table discussion, representatives of Lithuania and Ghana exchanged views on the business environments of their countries, discussed potential areas of cooperation, and dedicated significant attention to opportunities in the field of information technology, particularly in the fields of eGovernment, cybersecurity, and financial technology (fintech).
On 6-8 June, the Ghana delegation will attend the WPL Summit 2018 in the Seimas.
The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration of Ghana is visiting Lithuania for the first time. This is her retaliation visit after the Lithuanian Foreign Minister‘s first visit to Ghana last October.
Lithuania and Ghana established their diplomatic relations in 1992.