- 2019-11-20 On 20 November at 1.00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-11-20 On 20 November, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers in Brussels
- 2019-11-21 to 2019-11-23 On 21-23 November, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends a regional congress of ambassadors in Prague
- 2019-11-21 On 21 November, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Diaspora Policy Forum in the Office of the President
- 2019-11-21 On 21 November, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council (Trade) in Brussels, Belgium
Items on the EU's strategic agenda discussed in Brussels
On 26 March, a circuit session of the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs (VESK) took place in Brussels. The event was attended by 12 representatives of Lithuanian ministries and the Office of the Government.
Members of the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs met with high-ranking officials from the EU's institutions responsible for shaping the EU’s budget, innovation, competitiveness, energy, climate, defense and security policies. Representatives of Lithuanian and the EU’s institutions discussed topical items on the EU agenda, including the United Kingdom's departure from the European Union.
“Debates on the future of the European Union touch upon various topics, including energy, budget, competitiveness, hybrid threats and other issues within the remit of many ministries. The meeting in Brussels offers a valuable opportunity to discuss issues of horizontal nature with experts. It is also the perfect platform to exchange ideas necessary for Lithuanian diplomats, who are involved in the day-to-day European policymaking,” said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius.
Established in 2009, the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs consists of all the Vice-Ministers, representatives of the Office of the Government and the European Law Department. It plays a key role in formulating and coordinating positions on the EU affairs. The annual circuit session of the Commission is held in Brussels.