- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
Lithuania's Foreign Ministry summons Russian Ambassador, voices strong protest
On 8 October, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania summoned the Ambassador of Russia to Lithuania Alexander Udaltsov. Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius voiced his strong protest over the Russian Foreign Ministry‘s false statement about Adolfas Ramanauskas-Vanagas (aka Hawk) on the eve of his funeral.
In the meeting, Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister called on Russia to refrain from publicizing unsubstantiated statements and attempts at rewriting history, based on fabricated allegations by repression structures of the Soviet occupation regime.
According to Lithuania‘s Foreign Ministry, Russia once again aims at discrediting the Lithuanian armed resistance movement and denying the fact of the Soviet occupation in general.
Lithuania takes pride in thousands of its women and men who participated in the anti-Soviet resistance movement and gives kudos to the leader and symbol of the movement – Adolfas Ramanauskas-Vanagas.