- 2020-07-08 On 8 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government sitting and meeting
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the ministerial lunch
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs in the Ilzenberg Manor
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
Minister L. Linkevičius receives new Ambassador of Kuwait
On 14 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of Kuwait, who resides in Berlin, Najeeb Al-Bader. The meeting discussed possible cooperation between Lithuania and Kuwait in the fields of financial services, agriculture, science and innovation, as well as security in the Middle East.
"Kuwait is an important partner not only in expanding economic and political relations of the two countries, but also in promoting dialogue and fostering a culture of reconciliation within the region of strategic importance – the Gulf region," said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
The Ambassador of Kuwait also met with the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas and discussed possible economic cooperation, as well as mutual investment opportunities. The Foreign Vice-Minister invited the representatives of Kuwait to participate in the Days of Arab Culture in December and in the International Life Sciences Baltics 2020.
Today, the Ambassador of Kuwait presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Gitanas Nausėda. Lithuania and Kuwait established their diplomatic relations on 5 April 1994.