- 2020-07-08 On 8 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government sitting and meeting
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the ministerial lunch
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs in the Ilzenberg Manor
- 2020-07-08 On 8 July, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
Minister Linas Linkevičius highlights Lithuania's contribution to peace and security in Mali
On 25 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius spoke at a high-level United Nations event, which focused on challenges facing Mali and the Sahel, as well as proactive measures to counter extremist narratives and ideologies.
“Youth unemployment, migration, women's lack of empowerment and many other factors have sent tensions soaring between communities. The Joint Force of the Group of Five for the Sahel is making a significant effort to address threats that transcend national borders. However, an extra effort must be invested to ensure security in the Sahel region and the fundamental principles of human rights are to be taken into account,” said L. Linkevičius. The Foreign Minister noted that Lithuania had also contributed to the peacekeeping mission in Mali and participated in the UN mission MINUSMA by sending its troops.
In New York, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister also met with the UN Secretary-General António Guterres, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania Gitanas Nausėda. In the meeting, Lithuania‘s representatives voiced their support for the activities of the United Nations, the need to strengthen multilateralism and the rules based international system. The officials also discussed Lithuania's key priorities at the United Nations, the effort to ensure peace and security, regional cooperation in Europe, and the importance of sustainable development goals.